Friday, May 14, 2010

TO DO 'TIL I PART


To Do “ Til I Part

Honestly,

Have you ever looked at a mommy TO- Do list. I have never witnessed one with less than ten items and have been amazed and fearful of the ones that are more than four type- written pages long. I personally run about mid-stream on that index. I have around 50 to 60 items on my list at any given time. The only reason my lists look so short is because I omit so much as not to scare myself.

If you take a look at one of these lists chances are it involves family, work, finance, household chores, errands, groceries, doctors appointments for the children, veterinarian appointments, and the list goes on and on.

But the odds of seeing something on that list that actually is intended for the mommy are slim to none and its kind of sad. I am totally guilty of this particular notion. Although I do faithfully write exercise on my list it is located near the bottom because I will get to it if I have TIME.

Time is everything. Lately I have heard myself say I just don’t have the time to my little guy, my older son and my husband so much that it has caused some sadness and stress.

I like things a certain way and now that I am working again, it is just not happening. Everything seems to be half finished and disorganized. I can’t seem to find a BALANCE in my life.

A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with cancer. This has made me really think about how I am spending my TIME and how I am BALANCING all my obligations and how I am taking care of MYSELF.

Oddly enough, the word MYSELF is something I really have not taken a hard look at in many years. I have been a mom for 24 years of my life. I only know how to be a wife, mom and worker bee.

In the next month I am going to start exploring how to add MYSELF to this unbelievably important part of my existence. LIFE is short. We hear it all the time. Life is a gift and should not be taken for granted at any point in time.

So in I am taking a turn in my journey. Myself is going to take the time to balance, organize and enjoy what I have. I have a wonderful healthy family that needs me. And if I am going to keep giving my time for all of the mommy-items on my TO DO list than I am going to need to take a look at MYSELF each and every day.

And when I do PART from this crazy wonderful life… then energy and memories I leave will surely be wonderful. Because I would have left part of MYSELF and not just a partially complete TO- DO list.

2 comments: