Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hey Momma! Watcha Reading?

Just finished reading Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin'.  It was a pretty good read, especially the first several chapters about her early years before the Food Network changed her life.  There are several recipes if you just happened to love butter and mayonnaise.   But watch out, she has a bit of a sailor  mouth. lol  I would have never known. But nothing is said in a mean spirited way so its totally okay and she does not take the Lord's name into the mix.

'

Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin'

p.s. If you have not had much Southern cooking in your life try the Steam Fried Chicken first and then get yourself a good recipe for Baked Cheese Grits.  I make mine from memories from way back or I would post one.  lol







I am still reading the Eat For Health set.  I am still loving the yummy dressing but cutting down the recipes calories by adding extra vinegar and water.  I am now comfortable enough with the method to start creating my own high nutrient dressings.  But this book is so full of information.  I just love it.

Eat For Health: Lose Weight, Keep It Off, Look Younger, Live Longer (2 book set)

p.s.  I am still on Phase One if you get a chance to read the book.  I have a hard time finding places to dine out with really healthy food.  But I am still looking!



I am currently reading Winning By Losing by Jillian Michaels.  I am reading it pretty quick so I can get to the training part of the book.  I need a real strength training routine.  This book is great for people new to her books.  My favorite is Mastering Your Metabolism, the recipes are pretty good in that one.  : )  

Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!


Winning by Losing


p.s.  All I really want is to fit into last summer's shorts!  Haha


Reading is the best hobby ever.  If you don't have time to read then MAKE time.

No comments:

Post a Comment